To celebrate five years of Bout Time, Crush Improv is excited to announce the World’s First ‘Bout Time! Championship Tournament. The Tournament will take place seven of the eight Monday nights of January and February. Eight teams will enter — but only one will be crowned World Champions.
The winning team will receive a $500 cash prize (really? really!)
All shows are at the usual time and place, at the Mother McGuinty’s stage at the Heart and Crown, $5 admission, 8pm start time.
Now we just need those eight teams.
Teams must have three members each, and must be available Mondays in January / February. Losing teams from ‘Bout Times past may be resurrected. Newcomers are totally welcome. And as usual, the winner of each match is determined by an audience vote — ain’t no rule says you can’t stack the audience.
The tournament will follow a bracket style, with first round matches on January 4, 18, 25 and February 1; second round matches will be on Feb 15 & 22; the Championship bout will be held on Monday March 7.
Did we mention there’s a $500 cash prize?
If you’re interested, please apply with your team name and info!
Deadline for team submissions is Monday, December 14 at 5pm.
The bracket will be announced on Sunday, December 20.
See you in January!
You can submit a team using the button below:
<<TEAM SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!>>
- All team members need to be 19+
- No player is permitted to be on more than one team in the tournament.
- Player substitutions on teams are strongly discouraged, but in the event a member of your team can’t play, the substitute player can not be from another team in the tournament, even if that team has already been eliminated.
- Crush members are eligible to play on a team, however no more than one Crush member can be on one team. Crush members are: AL Connors, Des Warmington, Dan Lajoie, Tim Anderson, Jordan Moffatt, Kristine Shadid.
- Shows will be hosted by a Crush member not competing in the tournament.
- Glen Gower will be on hand to provide musical accompaniment for all shows.
a – If for some reason Glen cannot be present, we will try to find a replacement musician.
b – If you’d like to supply your own musician, that person will count as one of your three team members
- Call time for teams is 7:30pm for an 8:00pm show. You are welcome to arrive earlier.
Please forward any questions to email@example.com